Your days are short here; this is the last of your springs. And now in the serenity and quiet of this lovely place, touch the depths of truth, feel the hem of Heaven. You will go away with old, good friends. And don’t forget when you leave why you came. Adlai E. Stevenson
I am not going to say much about the shootings today except that it’s sad and breaks my heart. There is never a good explanation for why these things happen and people will be analyzing it for weeks. That’s what we do. In the light of tragedy we try to understand human failings and frailties. Will we ever understand? No. Do you know why? Because we are not the person who was holding the gun and pulling the trigger. It is the ultimate enigma. Does it beg the question of the omnipotence of a God if a God could allow this to happen? I’m not sure. I do know that it’s another sad tragedy in our world. It isn’t only happening here, today there was a similar attack in Beijing, China, except that the attacker used a knife instead of a gun and it was at a primary school. 22 children and 1 adult were wounded. This problem is not exclusive to the US. What can we do about it? I wish someone had an answer. At the end of the day, if a person decides to do something like this they are going to do it, whether by gun, knife, bomb or other method and sadly there really isn’t much that can be done to stop someone like this, that has gone that far off the edge. That is the sad destructive truth behind people that have this evil inside of them.
- How many more Americans have to die from gun violence? (feministconscience.wordpress.com)
- Knife-Wielding Man Injures 22 Kids Outside China School (huffingtonpost.com)
- Knife-wielding man injures 22 children in China (news.yahoo.com)
- 22 Kids, 1 Adult Hurt in China School Knife Attack (abcnews.go.com)
- 22 children, 1 adult injured in knife attack outside Chinese primary school (vancouversun.com)